Joining involves a few steps!
- Click Join to create a new member account then click on the link in your notification email to confirm your email address.
- Fill out the Mid Canterbury TimeBank member application form
- Attend a Starter Session - we will give you dates once your member application form has been received
- Pay the $5 or $10 one-off fee (we can waive this, if this is a barrier for you to join)
Once the above has been done the coordinator can approve your membership and you will have member access to this timebank.
Starting to use the TimeBank
Login to the Timebank and
fill out your member profile
- remember to complete the Timebankers Talents part of your profile
Post some offers, skills, talents or services that you have to offer other members.
Post some requests, for services or skills that you are looking for.
Record any exchanges that you have made with other timebank members.
You can ask for help by clicking on the envelope icon link and sending a message to your timebank*SLASH_SLASH_QUOTE*s coordinators. See the icon at the top right of the home page.
You can visit the help guide for a page. Click on the "?" at the top right of each page.
Ongoing Use of the TimeBank
Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built to strengthen our community.
Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from members about the requests or offers you've posted.
After you've communicated with a member and determined that a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements (date and time) for the exchange.
After completing the exchange record the exchange
Come back and review offers and requests from other members.
Do this again and again to help keep our community alive and flourishing.